Pages

Thursday 24 October 2013

Tropical Love

Kimono  -  Love
Skirt  -  River Island
Top  -  Elle Magazine
Bag  -  TK Maxx





Blimey, what a change in weather from the last post! I took full advantage of this spontaneous burst of sunshine and bared my pale legs for what might be the last chance I get this year for all I know. Although winter may not be all that bad now that I've discovered this indoor garden center just around the corner from me, its a little tropical paradise all year around, complete with turtles and koi fish - what more could I need?

Anyhu, I came across this kimono on Love a couple of months ago and haven't been able to part with it since, It is definitely the most used number in my wardrobe at the moment. There's just something about the lightweight swooshyness (yes, that is a word) and intricate dark floral pattern that makes you feel so elegant without actually having to make that much effort, you could throw this baby over a sack and there you'd have it - instant sophistication.

There are still a few similar kimonos available on their site here and here, and I can't stop eyeing up this baroque printed addition here. Currently trying to weigh up the pro's and con's of purchasing another one... surely I should be investing in hats, gloves and scarves at the moment... although a kimono does look rather lovely layered underneath the right kind of jacket, that's enough justification for winter usage... right?


Claire x


1 comment: